Sunday 31 January 2016

BREAST IS BEST! - REALLY!!

SUPERBUGS! YOU BETTER WATCH OUT!

breast milk. 

The British team from London's National Physical Laboratory have developed the new drug which can wipe out drug-resistant bacteria, it is claimed. The protein, called lactoferrin, effectively kills bacteria, fungi and even viruses on contact. 
Arn't our scientists wonderful! (See more at the link above.)


Global superbug crisis from antibiotics overuse 'almost TOO LATE' to stop - caused by the overuse of antibiotics in our food (would that be factory animal farming?) http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/628834/Global-superbug-crisis-antibiotics-overuse-too-late-stop


www.rainharvest.co.za
Is the rise in antibiotic use on farms a threat to humans?
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/jun/11/is-rise-farm-antibiotic-use-threat-humans

Food, farming and antibiotics - using antibiotics in farming is common but with serious effects on human health, it is time to think about responsible use in animals.
http://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/food-farming-antibiotics-health-challenge-business


Happy Couple Consumer of Organics www.123rf.com
Loads, and loads of info at the links above - some of it depressing but you may want to know so you can make wise choices in the food you buy and eat! Go free range/organic and buy less!

Link into Jennifer Thompson for some help! She says:

Your body is an organic being and needs organic, natural foods to be well. If you feed it less don't expect any less than unnatural results! https://twitter.com/rawfoodbliss


WITH HEALTH IN MIND & WANTING TO UNDERSTAND THE FOOD WE EAT, WE ARE AT LAST BEGINNING 
A COOKERY CLUB! beginning Thursday 4th February. Initially by invitation only. We'll discuss what we want to do, with some tastings & snacks
This month: Wholemeal Soda Bread (served with cheese & butter) & sugar-free Spicy Pear & Ginger Traybake to try; Tea, coffee etc. Recipes to take home
Plans for the future – meals together - some provided, some cooked together; demos - recipes & equipment; video clips; visits to exhibitions – and whatever  suggestions there are! We’re aiming at friendship & fun while keeping an eye on healthy eating trends! If you're interested and live in our area contact me Tracey at traceygodber3@gmail.com (Held at the moment in our homes but later we will move to larger premises - we first need to see what interest there is)

I read The Message Bible every day because it 'speaks' in a way I understand. I need to know how God feels about me and what happens when I search for Him! 


anasahmed.wordpress.com
Hope you find this encouraging!

God made my life complete
when I placed all the pieces before Him.
When I got my act together,
He gave me a fresh start.
Now I’m alert to God’s ways;
I don’t take God for granted.
Every day I review the ways He works;
I try not to miss a trick.
I feel put back together,
and I’m watching my step.
God rewrote the text of my life
when I opened the book of my heart to His eyes.
(This is from Psalm 18 verses 20-24 The Message) 

Following on from other plastic revolution that I've found - how about this from Bodyshop?

TAKENBYGABI/FLICKR  
The new packaging looks almost identical to the existing containers, pictured here. But it is actually made from pollution, as opposed to causing it.

Plastic waste has become a global catastrophe. The oceans will contain more plastics than fish by weight by 2050. Seabirds, whales and other marine life eat plastic pollution and die by choking, intestinal blockage and starvation. When fish eat tiny plastic particles, it can affect animals higher in the food chain, including humans.

The eco-chic cosmetics chain -- founded 40 years ago by the late environmentalist and British socialite Anita Roddick -- said that it plans to use a special plastic composed of greenhouse gases from the atmosphere to make bottle lids and containers for its popular body butters.

More info at:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/plastic-made-from-air-body-shop-packaging_us_56abb51ae4b00b033aaef4cb?ir=Good+News&section=us_good-news&utm_hp_ref=good-news

Does this count as a hug?
www.somepets.com
giraffe-with-baby.jpg
Have a great February! God bless, Tracey

(New way of leaving a comment - I'd love to hear from you)


1.Tick like or dislike 2.tick 'no comment' 3. write a comment 4. click drop down box & tick one of the options 5. click publish 6. tick 'I'm not a robot' 7. publish again. Thanks!




1 comment:

  1. your blog always provides food for thought!
    have been thinking for a long time that I should cut down on meat and eat more healthily and you have reminded me that it's so important to think about what we're eating.
    thankyou.

    ReplyDelete